The CMFCE/Smart Marriages Coalition has no membership dues.
If you are interested in marriage & family education,
you are, in effect, a member. Welcome!
One way to participate in the Coalition is to
subscribe to the FREE e-newsletter/listserv.
Another is to list your program on the Directory
of Programs, Classes and Resources.
Reasons to list
How it works
Schedule of your class dates
Summary and Application
Reasons to list in the Directory of Programs and Providers:
- The Directory receives thousands of visits from the public looking for courses and
from professionals and lay people looking for training.
- A link to your site from Smart Marriages® which is, itself, a top-rated site with the
major search engines will elevate your status with search engines.
- The Directory is the most comprehensive listing of marriage, couples and family education
programs - the "Who's Who and What's What" of the growing Marriage Education field. In addition
to couples, professionals, clergy and students looking for courses & training, it is used by journalists
looking for experts, and by congregations, organizations and civic groups looking for speakers.
- The Directory is consistently featured in major media outlets, books and publications
including books like "The Case for Marriage" and reports like "Why Marriage Matters: 26
Conclusions from the Social Sciences" and on radio, TV, and in print media: The New York
Times, LA Times, The Oprah Winfrey Show, "O" Magazine, Psychology Today, Reader's Digest,
Brides, NPR, CNN, CBS Morning News, MSNBC, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune,
Miami Herald, Philadelphia Inquirer, Redbook, Atlantic Monthly, Parent's Magazine, Self,
Men's Health, Tango, Woman's World, Parade, Family Circle, etc, etc. have all listed the site.
- We advertise in professional publications and receive visits from professionals looking for training.
- In addition to those that visit the on-line Directory, many call or write looking for
courses or training. We refer them only to programs listed on the Directory.
- It's a great deal at a great price! Two different programs persisted in sending payments on
a monthly basis. They (understandably) thought the fee covered a month, not a year.
- The Directory is divided into sections by categories - Headquarters Offices, Premarital, Stepfamilies,
How it works:
Retreats, Singles, At a Distance, ETC. Your listing may appear in more than one category.
Note the Headquarters designation is limited to those with a national corp of at least 30 trained
instructors listed on their website.
- $75 (100 words) for each calendar year if listing remains unchanged. $25 edit fee.
Calendar year: Jan through Dec. That's only $6.50 a month. Includes live links to your email and web site addresses. The 100 word count does not include the header (title) or contact information.
COURSE SCHEDULES: For $225 inclusive for the year, you get the 100 word listing plus you can
list your course schedules, locations and prices and send updates 4 times during the year.
Additional edits beyond the 4 updates $25. The schedule dates are in addition to your listing word count, that is, does not take up part of your 100 words. Do not include course descriptions in schedule, list titles only. Describe the
courses in your 100 word listing or on your own website.
****Important: the Directory lists educational programs and resources, not therapy.
Avoid punctuation whenever possible Schedule listing guidelines
- No periods in degrees: PhD, MSW, etc (Not: Ph.D.)
- NO periods after abbreviations - states, Rd, months, etc
Do not include a program in your description of services if you are not
trained and authorized to teach the program. For example don't say
you offer the the Couple Communication or PREPARE/ENRICH
programs unless you are certain those programs will verify your standing.
You can, of course include the generic terms like preparing couples or couple
- If all your courses are all in the same location, list the location only one time with all the dates under that location.
- Include price format like this: $85 per couple/$55 per person
- You may submit schedule changes and updates four times a year at times of your choice.
Schedule listing examples: For Better or Worse: 8 Tues nights, 7- 9pm: $350 per couple
New Orleans, Louisiana: beginning dates Oct 5, Jan 8, and April 21
Couples Communication I & II Instructor Training: 9am - 5pm
Miami, Florida: April 6 & 7 Atlanta, Georgia, GA: Dec 16 & 17
Seattle, Washington, WA: March 5 & 6, June 21 & 22.
Adventures in Marriage classes for couples:
Tallahassee, Florida: the first weekend of every month. $170 per couple.
If you have specific questions about how to list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
BILLING: The Directory is invoiced by calendar year. Billing is at the end of the year for the full
following year (January through December) - this to keep administrative costs down. Charges are NOT pro-rated
to the month you sign on. For example, if you apply in July, you pay the same $75 annual fee as
someone who signs on in January. Those who sign-on early in the year get more for their money.
How to APPLY:
• Email the text of your listing (your 100 words, header, contact info) to email@example.com. This must be sent via email!
• In your email, indicate the amount of the payment you are sending - the amount of the "check that is in the mail".
• Also enclose a copy of the listing text when you mail your application with the check payment.
Click here for the APPLICATION PDF or, print out and complete the application below/
Listings will be posted upon receipt of payment.
______ $75 - 100 word listing, plus header and contact info
_____ $225 - 100 word listing plus the Schedule option
____ Headquarters designation (no charge) "Our website lists the contact information for at
least 30 trained instructors/providers of our curriculum across the U.S"
____ Training designation. (no charge.) "Our program provides training of trainers/intructors in our program." SUGGEST up to 5 designations: (Listings at discretion of CMFCE.)
FIND A CLASS FOR COUPLES/SINGLES:____Headquarters (see above - limited to programs with national corp of at least 30 listed instructors)
____Get-Aways: Cruises, Retreats, Exciting Destinations, Camps, etc.
- Marriage vacation PLUS classes ____Marriage Education Skills/Enrichment - make your good thing better
____AT A DISTANCE - strengthen your marriage without leaving home/WEB, DVDs, etc
____Phone Coaching ____Deeply Troubled/Marriage on the brink - divorce prevention
____Newlyweds ____Deeply Troubled/On the Brink of Divorce
____Infidelity - you can recover
____MenSPECIAL POPULATIONS/GROUPS/SETTINGS ____School and Youth Marriage Education Programs____Faith Based ____Parenting Education
____Step Parent Education
____New Parents/New Baby Education
____Fatherhood/Men ____Low Income/Minority/Head Start
BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR- FIND Instructor Training in person or at-a distance or "in a box"
____Instructor Training - Our Program REQUIRES in-person training of trainers/instructors
____Teach-Right-Out-Of-The-Box Couples Program
____Teach-Right-Out-Of-The-Box Parenting Program
____Teach-Right-Out-Of-The-Box Stepparenting/Remarriage Program
____Mentor Progras - lay instructor training
____Instructor Training at-a-distance - train without leaving home
____Inventories - compatibility/strengths - premarital, marital, remarriage ____Services: Grant Writing, Program Evaluation/Website Design ____Newsletters/Magazines/Pamphlets/Materials
____Games/Products ____State and Community Initiatives ____Associations and Organizations ____Conferences
****Important: the Directory lists educational programs and resources.
We do not use the terms "counseling" or "therapy" on the website.
***CMFCE, LLC reserves the right to refuse listings and to limit or decline designations/categories.
Send listing submissions, suggestions or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail check payable to "CMFCE Directory", application, and a copy of your listing to:
917 1st St N #101
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Tax ID # 52-1991725
Back to Directory.