Two Day Institute
IMAGO: by Harville Hendrix, PhD and Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD
- Couplehood Programs (including faith-based options)
- Through Conflict to Connection
This two-day institute provides a rare opportunity to learn Imago concepts directly from co-founders, Harville Hendrix, PhD and Helen LaKelly Hunt PhD.
The Couplehood Programs are a DVD-based curriculum consisting of six 1 ½ - 2 hour sessions and based on Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) which is practiced in 30 countries by over 2000 therapists. IRT was first presented in the classic book GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT: A Guide for Couples.
The Couplehood Programs are available for three different audiences: Christian (A New Way to Love: Living God’s Purpose for Your Marriage), Jewish (Couplehood as a Spiritual Path) or a NEW General Audience/non-denominational version (Couplehood: A New Way to Love). A specially designed version for Healthy Marriage Initiatives is also available. Each program consists of extensive Facilitator Guides, Participant Manuals and a state of the art DVD and are “out of the box” which can be facilitated by non-professionals.
The Couplehood Programs were designed as an affordable, easy-to-teach educational program that offers the exciting possibility of making core Imago skills accessible to couples everywhere. For more information go to www.couplehoodprograms.com.
You will also be qualified to present two Imago Connects programs, one is a 3-hour introduction seminar, and the second is an “out-of-the-box” DVD program. Materials are only provided for the 3-hour introduction.
Imago Connects – 3 hour Introductory Seminar is an educational program which introduces couples to the basic principles of Imago therapy and the Imago dialogue. It includes lectures, exercises, and a demonstration DVD.
The second in the ImagoConnects Program is “Through Conflict to Connection.” Designed for all couples, it consists of a leaders and participants guides and DVD which offers real-life examples of people learning to improve a loving relationship by coolly exploring the hot-button issues unique to each partnership. The kit is based around a 60-minute documentary-style movie, which includes extraordinary footage of actual couples experiencing Imago therapy. For full description go to www.GettingTheLoveYouWant.com and click ImagoConnects.
Attendance to this 2-day intensive will offer an overview on this exciting curriculum opportunities including teaching couples:
· Imago Dialogue: a new way to talk and a new way to listen
· A step-by-step process for co-creating a relationship vision
· The purpose of romantic love and conflict
· Ways to re-introducing fun and romance into a relationship
· How to restore and maintain connection.
Who should attend:
The Institute is open to Educators, Clergy, Therapists and the Public. Couples are warmly invited to attend. The programs are effective for singles as well as married and committed couples. They are also applicable to all cultures and classes and couples and individuals can also use the Couplehood Programs or Through Conflict to Connection as an "out of the box" self-study program.
What you will be able to do:
1. You will receive supplements to the Couplehood Program materials – offering ways to lead 2-hour sessions by extending the out-of-the-box program with lectures.
2. You will be qualified to present ImagoConnects 3-hour Introduction program and the “Through Conflict to Connection” and receive credit towards certification to deliver the more advanced ImagoConnects educational programs.
3. If you are a licensed therapist or counselor, you will also receive two days credit towards certification as an Imago Relationship Therapist or an Imago Educator by Imago Relationships International. Go to www.GettingTheLoveYouWant.com for information on becoming a Certified Imago Therapist or Certified Imago Educator.
What you will receive:
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance and user-friendly materials; a Couplehood out of the box program (which includes Facilitator Guide, Participant Manual and DVD). Also Imago Connects Leader’s and Participant’s guides and PowerPoint set. Those who wish to teach the curriculum will be provided with information on purchasing course materials.
What we’ll cover:
• Basic IMAGO theory and principles of IMAGO education.
• Couplehood as a foundational structure.
• How couplehood can be viewed as a spiritual path
• Demonstration and practice of Imago Dialogue
• An integrated model incorporating the latest research Presenter training skills
• Preparation for the Imago Education model
• A unique approach for helping couples in relationships as well as individuals in a committed relationship
• A fun and emotionally moving experience designed to transform relationships
About Imago Relationship Therapy
IMAGO RELATIONSHIP THERAPY was introduced in Harville Hendrix’s 1988 classic, “Getting the Love You Want”. The book, an international best seller, has sold 2 million copies and IMAGO theory is practiced by over 2000 therapists in 30 countries.
Harville Hendrix has been on the Oprah Winfrey Show 17 times. Oprah included Imago Theory in her 20th anniversary list of "Unforgettable! Oprah’s Top 20 Shows." In the October 2005 issue of “O” Magazine, Oprah talks about her introduction to Imago, and how it changed her view of relationships.
Imago programs provide an experience of connection that is an ideal foundation for education programs you provide in your community or as a complement to other skills based-programs. The Christian and Jewish "Couplehood" programs are ideal for faith-based communities and people with spiritual and religious interests.
As Pat Love, EdD says “I can say unequivocally that Imago provides the most effective model for understanding and improving relationships. It works!”
The Smart Marriages institute offers an incredible opportunity to start your training with the co-founders of Imago, and then continue your Imago journey with an Imago faculty member in your region.
Through the training you will learn to use a structured process based upon fundamental relational theories and clinical methodologies and you will receive support to grow your practice through partnership with the Imago international professional coaching organization.
For further information, visit www.GettingTheLoveYouWant.com or www.CouplehoodPrograms.com
Or, contact Sanam@hunt-hendrix.com
This institute is part of the week-long Smart Marriages conference.
Conference Details Page to download a conference brochure, Register ONLINE, hotel & travel information & discounts, etc.